Sunday, August 29, 2021

Let Us Gather our End of Year Projects!

 Sounds easy? right!  Well I am full of bright ideas, very little demands on me but low on talent. So I am struggling to find that creative person from not so very long ago and do it!  

I have stocked up on yarn , needles and my favorite knitting book. (Saltwater Mittens) I am blessed with one grandchild who will dress for the colder temperatures.  The three older ones think wearing socks in their shoes! not boots, is an inconvenience.

  Next, I really like to journal, toss paint about and doodle fine art. hahahahha! That has lead me to a quick and snappy Art class, online and at my own pace.  Good, I have the attention span of a toddler lately


Next, my favorite escape from this reality to one of my choosing...........Reading! Yes I am waiting on the next Crone Wars story, but I need distraction.  I finished " The Chelsea Girls" Fiona Davis which stirred my political bone. Not good, but I fought through.  The story of two women, the determination to follow their own paths, stand up to a male ego driven time, encouraged me to read on. The attraction I have to the Chelsea Hotel, with the history of artists who haunt it, blocked out that creativity sucking topic and I now have a companion for my other Favorite Chelsea Hotel tale. Fiona Davis mentioned Patti's book in the Acknowledgements, both timelines run into each other.  My library appreciates that.



If you enjoyed the "Winter of the Witch" trilogy, Katherine Arden, holding your breath as Vasilisa would head into danger at every chance , then you may enjoy my next folklore tale, "The Sisters of the Winter Wood" Rena Rossner.  While it is 35C outside it is minus that or more in the story.


                  

Attention all my " Fabulous Fun October FRiends"  If you do not already know, Alice Hoffman, has a NEW book coming out Oct 5? I could be wrong, it is the last of the Practical Magic series.  Yes! mine is on pre-order!



Oh! My! look at the time.  Ice Creme Time!  Yes!  when , where and as many times a day as I like!  Please share with me what projects of distraction  you have planned?  I will share more next time, keep safe!  Enjoy each day, remember, here in Canada, our winters stay past their expiry date!  xoxoxoxoxo




4 comments:

  1. Knitting and art, yay! And I've heard good things about Patti Smith's book. I'm taking a short "in person" art class this fall (November) -- "whimsical animals in watercolour and ink." Looking forward to it -- it's been SO LONG since I've had an art class experience! Damn covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Patti Smith, yes this book is excellent of the time! I will be looking for your Art! the class sounds like so much FUN!
      I just finished the first class so my afternoon is busy forming the pages to the journal we are making.

      Delete
  2. Hi Debi!! ♥ Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment on my blog, it's always nice to meet a fellow Canadian!!! Is this your main blog? Consider me a new follower! ☺ I can't even begin to think about winter right now, I'm very fussy in the winter lol...I have SO much to do before winter. I moved to New Brunswick in 2020 from quebec and the winters aren't as long thankfully! I think I have until December to worry about snow. I have to put the garden away, do work on the property, get some canning and preserving done for the winter months...but right now my mind, spirit and heart are FIXED on my Thanksgiving and Halloween feasts!!! ☺☺ Nice to see you're taking an art class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to virtually meet you! Yes! this is my long time blog, I was away from it far too long. Im back and Deb was here to greet me & keep me company, Im trying to get off social media and hide out here! October is my end of year and after that its hibernation. It is very beautiful where you are how do you get anything done? I will be following you as well, and sneaking recipes wink!
    Thank you very much for visiting , chat with you sooon!

    ReplyDelete

I hate talking to myself, Please comment ♥ Thank you for your visit!